Learn how to use the IK function to rig a series of scissor arms inside a machine.
- Create pairs of joints using the Point Snap option to ensure that the joints are centered at the axes of the levers.
- Create controllers (Locators) at the center hinge of all the scissor levers. Use Point Snap to center.
- Group the controllers (⌘+G) and use center the pivot point (Modify>Center Pivot)
- Rename all joint chains as desired (xLeverJoint#_#)
- Create the IK Handles for each joint chain (Skeleton>Create IK Handle)
- Parent the root joints to their respective Locator controllers (Constrain>Parent)
- Parent the IK Handles to their respective Locator controllers (Constrain>Parent)
- Parent the scissor arm polygon objects to their respective joint using the Outliner (Middle-mouse click and drag)
- Use the ScaleX attribute of the controller group to control all the scissor arms.